Certifications and degrees:
– 1996: Associate of Music, Australia (A. mus. A.) in piano performance
– 1998: Licentiate of Music, Australia (L. mus. A.) in piano performance
– 2001: Bachelor of Music, with honours, class I (University Medal). University of Newcastle. Double major in piano and composition.
– 2003: Master of Creative Arts, University of Music. Performance practice issues in Russian piano music.
- Performances as soliost and accompanist in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, and New Zealand.
- Performed improvised and original scores for Australia’s Silent Film Festival. Films include Nosferatu, The Lodger, The General, Tol’rable David, and shorts by Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keating.
- Collaborative pianist with artists ranging from beginners through to post-graduate university students and professional performers. Worked with most instruments and familiar with a large portion of the repertoire. Particular interest in the late romantic repertoire (such as Rachmaninoff’s cello sonata, Arensky’s piano trio, and the Brahms sonatas). Collaborated with artists of the Christchurch Camerata, Central Coast Philharmonic Choirs, Newcastle Festival Opera and insitutions such as the University of Newcastle, School and Community Music, and the McDonald College.
- Repetiteur: for various companies, including Newcastle Festival Opera. Recent works include La Boheme (Puccini), Candide (Bernstein), The Gondeliers (Sullivan), and Threepenny Opera (Weil).
- Recorded accompaniment/background tracks for various artists ranging from musicians to theatre groups.
Solo & collaborative piano services:
– Solo performance
– Accompaniment & ensemble performance
– Repetiteur services
– Piano method